Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!!!!

[It] will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

~ John Adams on celebrating the signing of the Declaration of Independence to his wife Abigail ~

2 comments:

Christie said...

Carey Family, I am just so impressed with your honor of our Lord! You make me proud to call you my friend. :)

Kiri said...

Happy Independence Day to the Careys!

I'm afraid our celebration didn't quite live up to Adam's quote. We only attended a concert by the Wheeling Symphony Orchestra, saw fireworks, and grilled out with family... We'll have to aim higher next year! :D

Hope you all had a lovely holiday! I'm looking forward to news about your conference soon!

Lots of love to you all!